Information for Authors
All submissions are required to comply with the Harvard Uniform System of Citation or the American Psychological Style, 6th Edition. Contributors may be guided by the following, but this is not sacrosanct.
- All material, excluding notes and references, should be double-spaced. Text should be 12-point Times New Roman. The page width is 15.5cm, justified except for titles, with page numbers centred at bottom of the page.
- The papers are to be received in standard form by e-mail on MS Word with the American Psychological Association (or Harvard) style of referencing and not exceeding 7000 words. An abstract of not more than 200 words (11-point Times New Roman) should be attached. Abstract should come with at least three keywords and the appropriate JEL Classification codes
- The author's name, immediately below the title on the first page, should be centred in small capitals; immediately beneath, also centred but in italic, should be the author's mailing address and institutional affiliation; beneath that, in 10-point normal script, should be the email address. An asterisked footnote on the first page should be used for any acknowledgment. All other footnotes should be numbered, and be placed as endnotes.
- Substantial quotations within the text should not be indented, but should be printed in II-point with a blank line above and below; quotations of fewer than 4 lines should be included in the main text.
- Single quotation marks should be used, with double quotation marks only for quotations within quotations.
- English (rather than American) spelling is preferred, with- ise rather than -ize endings.
- 'Percent' should be used where the figure preceding it is given in words ('seven percent'), while % should be used where it is given in number ('53.6%').
- Headings and subheadings:
- The title should be centred in bold lower-case (14-pt)
- Author’s Name (12-pt small caps)
- Author’s mailing address and institutional affiliation (12-pt italic)
- Email address (10-pt)
- Main headings should be centred in Small Capitals (12-pt)
- Subheadings should be centred in italic (12-pt)
- Sub-subheadings should be from the left margin in italic (12-pt)
- Tables must be cited in the paper and placed at the end of the paper after the references. All tables should be properly drawn and numbered in the order in which they are cited in the paper. Tables should NOT be sent as ‘Jpegs’ (or photographs) or created with tabs spaces.
- Dates should be given in the form 21 November 2007, or in the abbreviated form (e.g. in references and footnotes) 21/11/2007.
Submission of a paper to this journal implies that the manuscript has not been in or submitted to any other journal and the author has obtained appropriate permission to use data obtained for and contained in the manuscript. All manuscripts are subject to review by two or more independent, anonymous referees chosen by the Editorial Board. If a revision is necessary, the author shall be asked to re-submit the dated revised manuscript incorporating the suggestions and recommendations of the referees within a specified period. It must be resubmitted as a new manuscript with reference to the previous submission. The author of an accepted manuscript will be notified. He or she will receive page proofs for proofreading prior to the publication. Responsibility for accuracy in the final copy lies with the author. All submissions are subject to final approval and acceptance for publication by the Editorial Board.
The views expressed in articles in the Journal are personal to the authors and do not, in any way, reflect the official position of the Department of Economics, University of Lagos.
All enquiries about the publication should be made to:
The Editor-In-Chief, JEPA,
Department of Economics,
University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria.
Materials from the Journal could be reproduced for use, but proper acknowledgment should be made.